“United will leave the door open for a move for Anthony, 23, in the winter transfer window that opens on January 1 next year,” Spanish outlet Fichajes reported on Sunday.
Anthony joined United from Ajax last August. His €95 million ($133.6 million) transfer was met with some concern as he had no big league experience.레모나토토
He never quite lived up to his price tag. Anthony struggled to adapt to the Premier League. Despite making 25 appearances in the league last season, he only managed four goals and two assists.
This season, he’s also been dealing with personal issues. Anthony was investigated by the police for assaulting his ex-girlfriend. He was suspended from the first team for a period of time.
In the meantime, his performance declined further. Despite playing 12 games this season, Anthony has yet to score a single offensive point.
Criticism poured in. “If Anthony can’t get out of his rut, he’s not going to help the team at all,” said legendary United striker Louis Saha.
“I don’t know if Anthony can play for United in the long term, he seems to be finding it very difficult to adapt to the Premier League,” he added, weighing in on the potential departure.
This is not the first time Anthony has been rumored to be on his way out. It was previously claimed that the Red Devils would use him as a swap deal to sign Gabriel Barbosa, 27, from Flamengo.
The transfer speculation continues. According to this report, United are set to release Anthony after he failed to perform at the level they expected.
It would be a huge loss. “Anthony’s departure would be a big deal,” says Fichajes. However, it is almost impossible for United to recoup the €95 million they spent on him.”